Monday, 26 January 2015

Hair Care - Dry Shampoo


Batiste 'floral & flirty blush' 200ml

Superdrug 'Spirit of the Carnival' 150ml

Superdrug 'Floating on a breeze' 150ml
I wash my hair almost every other day, but most mornings I don't really have enough time to wash my hair (when needed) , but oh well who cares when you own dry shampoo. I guess this post is a review on the dry shampoo brands I have tried out, I hope you enjoy.

I only started using dry shampoo like a year ago after having my sister raving on about how convenient they are; so I eventually thought let me give it a try. Firstly, I went out and bought the Superdrug brand in the scent 'Spirit of the Carnival' [which smells like coconuts], because it was cheaper than the Batiste can and I thought it would have the same outcome as a branded one. But I was wrong. Although a good price at £1.99, the product made my hair dull, flat and everything I didn't want my hair to look/feel, not to mention the fact that it did not have a great scent either! I concluded that maybe it was just the scent that I didn't like and decided to go for the original scent 'Floating on a breeze'. I can't describe this scent to you in great detail, but believe me, it doesn't smell that great either. Yet again I was disappointed with the outcome of this can and decided to give up with dry shampoo; up until the other day. 

After having bad experiences with Superdrug dry shampoo,  I decided to try out the Batiste can to see if it were any different. I bought the 'floral & flirty blush' scent, which claims to revitalise hair, remove any excess oil: leaving your hair feeling "gorgeously clean and fresh with added body and texture". I was very impressed with the outcome of this product because it actually fulfilled its claims! It made my hair feeling as if I'd just washed it and had a much better scent to it than the Superdrug cans. I'd bought the smaller can, just in case I didn't like the outcome but I guarantee I will be returning to Superdrug to buy the 400ml can, once I've finished this one. [I now have two full cans of Superdrug dry shampoo's and I have no idea what to do with them lol. Oh yeah, and bear in mind I bought the Superdrug brand ones about a year ago so the ones you see in store and on line may look slightly different.]

Anyways, I really do enjoy using the Batiste dry shampoo, it handles my hair very well:) So yes I would highly recommend this product, Thank You for reading.

-E

4 comments:

  1. I wash my hair every other day and sometimes use dry shampoo and I agree batiste is great!
    When you have a moment I would love it if you could check out my blog and maybe even follow if you like it?
    Another Teen On The Web

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree with me thank you for reading! I followed you on bloglovin' :)

      Delete
  2. hmm... I've heard so many good things about dry shampoo. I'll have to go check it out!!
    Sophia
    someplaceinthemidst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes definitely, its a life saver:)

      Delete